MALE COACHING CLINICS
We run a selection of footy coaching clinics for boys aged between 8 and 16 years. We offer clinics specifically tailored to different age groups, skill levels and playing experiences. Our clinics focus on increasing confidence , introducing and refining a range of footy skills, improving game awareness and having fun doing it. We have a strong belief in the importance of engaging young people in ongoing physical activity for fitness and health benefits as well as the development of confidence and self esteem which has proven positive outcomes for overall mental health.
COACHING STRUCTURE: Coaching sessions will run for the following three age groups:
- 8-11 years Junior Coaching Program
- 11-13 years Coaching Program includes Fast Path Program recommended to be followed by the Evolve Program
- 14-16 years Coaching Academy includes the Fast Track Academy recommended to be followed by the Advanced Academy This includes a range of skill development, football awareness, and techniques that can be put into place immediately.
COACHING PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
8-11 yrs JUNIOR COACHING PROGRAM (Max. participants:12) 4 x 1hr clinics (1 per week) Cost:$100 ($25 per clinic) Focus: Skill development and refinement (kicking, marking, hand-balling etc.) using fun drills.
11-13 yrs FAST PATH PROGRAM (Max. participants:14) During School Term – 5 x 2hr clinics (1 clinic per week) Cost:$175 During School Holidays – 2 x 3hr clinics (on 2 consecutive days) Cost:$150 Focus: Skill Development
- Range of skills required in footy: kicking, marking, hand-balling, tackling etc.
- Skill technique for the range of skills
- Drills focussing on fun
- A range of game scenarios and trial games to develop improved techniques Cost: $175 ($35 per clinic) Next Fast Path Program: TBA
11-13 yrs EVOLVE PROGRAM (Max. participants:14) Focus: Expanding and refining skill development During School Term – 6 x 2hr clinics (1 clinic per week) Cost:$210 During School Holidays – 2 x 4hr clinics (on 2 consecutive days) Cost:$200
- Refining skills developed in the Fast Path Program
- Introducing wider football concepts and knowledge
- Introduction to fitness and preparation
- Introduction to positioning on the ground and work rate required Next Evolve Program TBC
14-16 yrs FAST TRACK ACADEMY (Max. participants:20) Focus: Skill development During School Term – 5 x 2hr clinics ($45 per clinic, 1 clinic per week) Cost:$225 During School Holidays – 2 x 3.5hr clinics (on 2 consecutive days) Cost:$225
- Kicking technique (including goal kicking)
- Skills (Including marking, hand-balling and tackling)
- Intro to game awareness
Next Fast Track Academy: TBA
14-16 yrs ADVANCED ACADEMY (Max. participants: 20) Focus: Game craft and awareness During School Term – 6 x 2hr clinics ($45 per clinic, 1 clinic per week) Cost:$270 During School Holidays – 2 x 4hr clinics (on 2 consecutive days) Cost:$250
- Game and match awareness
- Forward craft, defensive craft, on ball craft
- Preparation, strength and conditioning
- Team focussed football Next Academy: TBA
ONE ON ONE COACHING This is specialised coaching targeting the individual’s identified needs.
- Identify areas needing further improvement
- Create a personal training program with nutritional recommendations
- Identify elite traits required as a player aiming for selection in development squads
Number of coaching sessions will vary according to the individual and desired outcomes. Costs: To be negotiated
PRE-SEASON COACHING PROGRAM (Nov/Dec/Jan) Age Groups: 13-16, Open Age Group (16+) Cost: TBC Focussing on:
- Running technique
- Improving power/burst/acceleration
- Strength training techniques and exercises
- Strategies for developing and improving aerobic capacity
- Nutrition, diet and preparation
- Ongoing electronic testing and analysis
CLUB/TEAM DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM 1 FREE 1.5hr team coaching session available (per club) – no obligations Cost to be negotiated. 1 or all of the components of this program may be utilised by clubs. Special rates will be available to clubs who use multiple components of the program.
- Ongoing coach development
- Personalised player skill development program
- Team Development / skill development program
- Kicking technique
- Video analysis and feedback
- Team pre-season and/or ongoing fitness program development
- AFL draft combine electronic testing