Focus Sports Development was created by Sean Malone and Karen Nickels -stemming from an ongoing passion from being involved in a variety of sports and realising the capacity sports can have on bringing communities and individuals together.
Focus coaches are a qualified, professional group of women and men who all bring passion, commitment and experience to their roles.
Focus Sports Development is founded on the core belief that developing confidence, personal growth and a commitment to skill development and challenging young people to develop an ongoing drive to improve provides extensive benefit.
We are committed to provide elite assistance to people looking to expand their journey as well as those that face barriers.We are doing this through dedicated female and male AFL football coaching clinics for players looking to advance on their already established skills, and through funded community programs.
We provide a welcoming environment designed to build confidence, resilience whilst instilling a sense of fun.
We believe that teamwork, goal-setting and continual learning is critical to self-improvement both on and off the football field.
Sean Malone – Director and Founder of Focus Sports Development is currently the SA Recruiting Co-ordinator for the Sydney Swans having held this position for the past 2 years, prior to that he was a SA Recruiter for the Swans for 5 years.
He is a Level 2 AFL accredited coach with over 15 years experience coaching in such leadership roles as:
• Barossa Light Gawler (BLG) Fooball Association Junior Development Co-Ordinator
• Member of SANFL Junior Football Council
• Development Coach for Central Districts Football Club Country Talent Squad
• Talent Identification for Central Districts Football Club
• Coach of BLG Under 14 and 15 development squads and Under 13 Association side
ALEX BURROWES – COACH
BACKGROUND INFO: After playing school and amateur football I moved into the area of talent ID and football administration.
In 1996 I was appointed SAFC League Team Manager a position held for ten years. Between 2006 and 2012 I was responsible for the administration of the junior and senior football programs including talent ID.
In 2013 I joined the Sydney Swans FC as a Talent scout with the main focus of identifying and assessing players with AFL quality attributes in readiness for the NAB AFL National Draft.
- 1995 – (South Adelaide FC – Senior coaching assistant)
- 1996 – 2005 (South Adelade FC – League Team Manager)
- 2006 – 2007 (South Adelaide FC – Senior Football Manager)
- 2008 – 2012 (South Adelaide FC – Junior Football Manager)
- 2013 – present (Sydney Swans FC – Talent scout)
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
ALAN OBST – PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Alan was originally drafted to the Adelaide Crows football club in the 2005 national draft, later rookie listed to North Melbourne football club spending the years 2008 -2010 as a playing member.
Alan’s football achievements further include:
– State league (VFL & SANFL) 100 game player
– Premiership player Central Districts (2007)
– Playing coach Barossa District football club 2016 /17
Throughout his professional career Alan continued to demonstrate an interest in Sports and Human Physiology. Graduating with a masters of Physiotherapy in 2013 Alan has since been a successful private practice Physiotherapist, now working solely as a High Performance Physiotherapy at the South Australian Cricket Association, complementing his Sports Physiotherapy masters in 2019.
Alan brings together a collaboration of Science and football experience, aiming to best prepare athletes to the rigors of the game with the primary aim of:
– Improving athletic output
– Preventative strength and fitness programming